Before we form your entity, we get to know you, what’s important to you, what your business is going to do in the world and how you plan to exit it. We ask you questions that will inform the tax structure of your entity, how you own the entity and what happens to your business entity when you pass on (or you pass the company on to an new owner).
We ask you the questions so you do not worry that you don’t know the right questions to ask. And then we discuss your options with you in a way that allows you to know you are making informed decisions about:
- Where to form your entity (Nevada, Delaware, Wyoming or our own home state are all options);
- What type of entity to form (LLC, S-Corporation, LLC taxed as an S-Corporation, Partnership, or C-Corporation are the most likely options we will consider);
- How to set up your bank accounts, what type of insurance to get, which agreements you need immediately (and which can wait), which intellectual property to protect (and whether to own it in a separate entity from your operating assets), how much and what type of insurance you need, how to work with your CPA for max tax savings and more.
We see the formation of your business entity as just the beginning of a long-term relationship in which we are able to become the trusted counselor you turn to for help with all of your business decisions.
Think about it this way – Warren Buffett doesn’t just turn to Charlie Munger (his personal business lawyer) for help incorporating his business entities, he turns to Charlie before entering into any business deal that will impact the bottom line. That’s the type of relationship we have with our clients.
Kimberly’s Guide to Corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships
More in Small Business Legal Services
- Regular Updating
- Leaving a Real Legacy – Business Succession Planning
- Making Agreements & Sealing Deals
- Your Ideas are Valuable – Intellectual Property Protection
- Hiring & Firing
- Insurance Says “I Love You” – Really!
- Money Matters
- Tax Strategy Saves You Big Bucks
- Getting Started: Why Work with Us
- Getting Started: LIFT Foundation Audit